Buddy is givin’ the stink eye because of our neighbor.
After my post yesterday I didn’t even need to wait to see what everyone said, I knew what the right thing to do was. I am completely ashamed of myself for waiting as long as I did, but I called Animal Control and reported my neighbor. (If you follow THPL on FB you already know this.) The lady that I spoke to was very friendly and completely agreed that the dog was in a very dangerous situation. She said that officers would be there in 24-48 hours but since tomorrow is a holiday, they should be here sometime today. They will call me after and let me know what they find. The scary part is, if the guy is home, he can deny them access. Let’s all cross our fingers and say our prayers that he doesn’t.
I made it very clear to the woman that I would like to help this guy if at all possible. If the dog is being crated for behavior issues or something like that, I would love to help him with training. The last thing I want to happen is for the dog to be taken away just to land at a shelter where we know he will end up getting put down. Even though I asked her to, she said the officers won’t give him my number “for safety reasons” which I guess I understand, but is pretty silly considering we live a few houses down. I’m hoping the guy will come over to confront me and I can do my best to talk him into letting me help him. At this point, all I can do is wait and see what happens.
Thanks everyone for weighing in with your advice and opinions! Again, I can’t believe I waited as long as I did, but at least it’s been reported now. I’ll be praying that I can report back soon with some good news!