Merry Christmas Everyone! This morning after breakfast a couple of rescue friends that were in town and I loaded up and headed down to Wakulla to do our best to spread a little cheer to the dogs at Animal Control. It’s not a particularly nice day out today but the dogs were certainly happy to get to run around and play. We were hoping a couple of potential adopters might come out but we had no such luck. Regardless, we were glad the dogs all got extra playtime and lovin’.
The actual point of my blog today is to announce that I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you SO MUCH Grimm’s Furry Tail! I am SO flattered to have received this since it means that apparently I’m not as boring of a writer as I think I am. I feel like I’m a little all over the place: fostering, starting the Tallahassee WalkABulls, Board Member for Last Hope Rescue, and now everything I’m trying to do with Wakulla County Animal Control, but it’s all dog related and I’ve therefore never considered myself very versatile. So, thank you again Grimm’s Furry Tail for seeing in my blog what I apparently can’t. (By the way, anyone looking for a new blog to follow should totally check out this blog–great stuff!)
So, there are a couple of rules to make this official. First, display award certificate on your website (see above). Second, announce the win and post a link to who nominated you (see this post). Third, post seven interesting things about yourself (below). Fourth, nominate 15 others deserving bloggers (I might struggle with this one and do less), and finally, tip off the others that you have nominated them! So, for my interesting facts:
1) I looove scary movies. And thrillers/mysteries. And comedies. NOT mushy movies. I have total guy taste in movies.
2) I learned how to swim before I learned how to walk. I am a total fish. I joined a swim team when I was 5 and swam competitively through high school but like an idiot turned down a college scholarship because I was “burnt out” (not one of my better decisions.)
3) I graduated from high school a year early, moved into my own apartment, and started college. I then proceeded to change majors approximately 47 times and finally ended up with a degree in Accounting. Nerdy much?
4) I’m getting married in less than 5 months and we’ve basically planned everything already (it’s very small and simple) but if I were going to actually have a full blown wedding, I would insist that it be Day Of The Dead themed. Sugar skulls? Yes please!
5) I’d like to become a certified personal trainer one day. Or a photographer. Or surf instructor. Basically, I just don’t want to sit at a desk (good thing I got that accounting degree, right?)
6) I snort when I laugh.
7) I love to cook, and very rarely follow recipes, but am always told that I’m good. Either Rich is a liar or I should add “Cooking Show Host” to my list of acceptable non-accounting careers.
Ok, now for my nominees!
1) Two Pitties in the City – I love this blog, they are incredibly versatile, and are the reason I started Tallahasse WalkABulls.
2) And Foster Makes Five – I love this blog for it’s honesty and support of bully breeds.
3) Love and a Six-Foot Leash – Totally inspirational. Beautiful dogs. Amazing pictures. Seriously cool people.
4) Pittiful Love – They own, foster, and advocate for bully breeds. They rock.
5) Peace, Love & Fostering – Yet another blog all about fostering and supporting bully breeds. Get lost in her pictures!
6) kate with a camera – Kate is beautiful photographer and animal advocate. Her pictures are simply amazing. I want her 1/100th of her talent.
And for my last nominee I thought I’d throw in ONE that isn’t dog related:
7) From a Miss to a Mrs – This blog is written by a friend of mine (and fellow dog lover) but is mostly centered around her life as a newlywed.
I hope you consider checking out some of these awesome blogs! And thank you again Grimm for nominating me! Merry Christmas everyone!